Friday, October 30, 2009

One rant of many about Glen Keane (and I am surprised that I haven't ranted before...I dont think..)

So anyone who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of Glen Keane. Well, more than a fan. Mr. Keane is one of the major reasons I animate today (as well as several other AMAZING ANIMATORS) and I want to learn from this man, so every opportunity I get to inspect/dissect/study his work is taken to my inner most core. He's got a great drive and power in his drawings, and I would love to develop the emotion and acting he creates in his characters in my own.

With this gushing aside, here are some videos of pose tests and pencil tests by Glen. Pleases to the enjoys.
This first one is of good old Rattigan. Such great stretch in his face!! AHHH!!!

Glen Keane - pose test (Rattigan) from Alex Petreski on Vimeo.



Everyone who knows about my love for Keane's work also knows that I hold his work on Tarzan among the epoch of the best animation known to man

Glen Keane- rough penciltest - TARZAN from Alex Petreski on Vimeo.



Lastly- this clip of Glen flipping IN TIME to a scene from Aladdin was new to me today, and made me squeal in glory. I also thoroughly appreciate that he says " This twenty second scene took me a MONTH to animate". Makes you feel good knowing these guys are taking their time. But hey, they can afford it!




1 comment:

Jaz said...

Every time I see a Tarzan clip, my jaw just drops and I can't stop looking at it. That was definitely one of Keane's best works, I think.